Official T-Shirt (state size required in Paypal additional comment section)
- Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers It’s safe to say that 2013 has been a big year for Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers. Led by IMRO award-winning ‘Young Songwriter of the Year’ Keith Moss, they’ve performed much-vaunted gigs across Ireland and the UK, sharing stages with Nanu Nanu, Oliver Cole, Cat Dowling, Mumblin’ Deaf Ro, Elevens, The Statics and label-mates Buffalo… Read More
- Buffalo Sunn Every so often, it becomes clear that a change is needed, and for musicians this can mean adopting a new name. It’s a move that ultimately shows an artist’s desire to move forward, to find something that represents who they are now, not who they were then.So, with this in mind, Reekus Records would like to welcome the artist formerly known as Sweet Jane’s… Read More
- The Blades The Blades formed in 1977 in the South Dublin neighbourhood of Ringsend, with Paul Cleary on bass and vocals his brother Lar on guitar and mutual friend Pat Larkin on drums.As uncompromising as they were gifted as pop songwriters, the original line-up released two 7” singles: Hot For You and Ghost of a Chance, the latter of which they performed on the Late Late… Read More
- Deetrich Dee Doyle, or as she’s more commonly known, Deetrich, writes melodic songs that draw from old rock n’ roll and country, but adds a unique pop sensibility.Former lead singer and songwriter with Kilkenny band Dali, Dee has embarked on a wonderful solo career since signing to Reekus Records. Her first release with us was the very topical No Job, No… Read More
- Death In The Sickroom Death In The Sickroom, the most recent addition to the Reekus Records roster, are a four-piece band from Dublin who play a superb brand of 12-string jangle pop.Formed in mid-2012, they’ve been making quite a name for themselves on the capital’s live music circuit: “They have a sound unlike any other band around at the moment. Really worth seeing… Read More
- ESB Ft Perry Blake Electro Sensitive Behaviour is Perry Blake and Glenn Garrett’s new synth pop project. The new single, Missing Person, will be released on Friday 15th November through Reekus Records.The first single Michael Caine was described as, “a delicious slice of retro cool” by Hot Press Magazine.The forthcoming album ‘Modern Love’ was written &… Read More
- Too Late To Stop Now At last the compilation we’ve been threatening for some time now; 40 tracks from the beginning to the present and future. From the beginnings in the Kampus Arcadia Cork with the live recordings of Nun Attax, Micro Disney, Mean Features and Urban Blitz, through the early years with The Blades, Aslan, Big Self and others and through the noughties with The Radio,… Read More
- The Radio Kindness the debut album from Ireland’s new indie supergroup The Radio. “Kindness displays the heartfelt perfection and sonic wizardry of the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev. Extraordinarily impressive and engaging -the most accomplished, alchemic, and original debut in years” 9/10 Hot Press. Digital download available here - Bandcamp.comView video… Read More
27 November 2013
‘Help the Philippines’ Music Fundraiser
20 November 2013
Deetrich plays Odessa tomorrow at 8.30pm
27 September 2013
The Blades announce reunion gig
10 September 2013
Reekus Records in the Irish Times
09 September 2013
28 August 2013
Keith Moss & the Tightrope Walkers Live in Limerick!!
27 August 2013
Sweet Jane Live on Dublin’s Phantom 105.2 THIS EVENING!!
23 August 2013
Cry Before Dawn - Today Fm
23 August 2013
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers and Deetrich to play Electric Picnic
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers and Deetrich have both been announced to play at Electric Picnic 2013.Deetrich will take to the stage in the Oxjam…
22 August 2013
HWCH 2013 October 3rd - 5th
We’re delighted to announce that Sweet Jane and Death In The Sickroom will be appearing at this year’s Hard Working Class Heroes festival,…
Welcome to Reekus Records
Reekus is a record label and publishing company based in Dublin, Ireland, devoted to promoting mainly Irish, alternative music. With a roster that includes Buffalo Sunn (formerly Sweet Jane), KeithMoss and the Tightrope Walkers, Death in the Sickroom and Deetrich, over the years Reekus has released albums by leading Irish artists including The Blades, Saville, David Hopkins, Perry Blake, Paul Cleary, Myp et Jeep, Sundrive, Mocrac, Reemo, The Moondogs, Carosel, Metisse, Big Self and performance artist Nigel Rolfe, as well launching the careers of Micro Disney, Aslan and others.
2003 saw a movement into print with the publication of the highly acclaimed book ‘It Makes You Want To Spit – the definitive guide to punk in Ulster’, a comprehensive account of the punk music scene in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
Our store contains a wide selection of cd releases now available to purchase.
Digital downloads are available by searching the individual artists on iTunes/Amazon and other leading download sites.
View videos on - Youtube
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers play W/ The Riot Tapes
Keith Moss and the Tightope Walkers will be headlining upstairs in Whelans on the 28th of March with support from the extremely talented 'The Riot Tapes'. Tickets will be free as long as you comment on the Facebook event page or share the event (Click the tickets link to go to the Facebook event). Doors are 11pm.
Buffalo Sunn and Death in the Sickroom play Whelans 21/03/14
Buffalo Sunn and Death in the Sickroom will play a very special double Reekus lineup in Whelans on the 21st of March. The gig will start at 11pm sharp and tickets are just €5. This will be the first time these two bands have played together in almost a year! Its bound to be a great night out!
Reekus Records Night in the Mercantile 15/03/14
Reekus Records are proud to announce that we have been asked to put on a Reekus Records night in the Mercantile venue on Dame street on the 15th of March. Buffalo Sunn, Death in the Sickroom and Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers will all be playing with Doors at 8.30 and on top of that ADMISSION WILL BE FREE!!! So come on down on the 15th and click on the book tickets link for more details.
Death in the Sickroom play Retro Revival W/GANGS 08/03/14
Death in the Sickroom will return to play their first Retro Revival of the year with the very talented Dublin band Gangs. Also playing on the night will be Thieves and Choir Invisible so be sure to get down early as these bands are ready to blow the roof off Sweeneys! Venue: Sweeneys (Dame Street) - Doors 9pm and only €5 in!
Keith Moss plays Whelans Midnight Hour this Saturday W/The Statics!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope walkers return again to their spiritual hub in Whelans the Saturday to play with their good friends and amazing band, The Statics! The Tightrope walkers will be playing some songs from their album 'What Elludes you, Moves you' as well as previewing songs from their upcoming, as of yet untitled new album! Free in for anyone who writes on or shares their Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/188912984649237/ Doors are @ 23.30
Buffalo Sunn to play Ones to Watch this Friday!
Buffalo Sunn will take to the stage at 1.45am on Friday night to headline Friday's section of Whelans one to Watch 2014. Only €10 for a 4 day ticket or €5 per night (with a free pint of Carlsberg) Check out the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/560649927357520/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Death in the Sickroom play The Midnight Hour on the 16th January.
Death in the sickroom will be taking centre stage in Whelans upstairs on the 16th of January. Things kick off at 11.45PM and there will be a great line up to keep yu entertained. Wild Promises and the Sour Seeds will also be taking the stage on the night. Check out the gig and the bands here: https://www.facebook.com/events/586697851385574/ FREE IN!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers Play Whelans’ One to Watch!
Keith Moss and the Tightropers take to the stage in Whelans upstairs at 11.30pm tonight as part of their One's to watch for 2014. It's their first gig of the year and they promise to produce a blistering set! https://www.facebook.com/events/560649927357520/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Death in The Sickroom play NYE In The City
Death in the Sickroom will be joining Buffalo Sunn (who play in Kaph at 12.25) in playing FMC's 'NYE in the City' this year. They will play in the Church venue(Jervis St, Dublin 1) at 14.05 sharp so be on time to catch their performance. As usual there is a musical trail going on all day so try and make it early and you will have a great day of free gigs!!
Buffalo Sunn in the City - New Years Eve
Buffalo Sunn will be playing the In The City festival as part of the FMC's New Years Eve celebrations. They Will be playing in Kaph which is on 31 Drury St as part of FMC's famed music trail. Gigs will start at 12pm and you can catch a new band every half an hour or so all day. Their performance will start at 12.25 sharp so don't be late! Free in and don't forget to catch Death in the Sickroom at 14.05 in The Church (Venue) too!
Keith Moss plays an acoustic set in support to Elevens this Friday (20/12/13)
Keith Moss will be doing a rare acoustic set at Thomas House, 86 Thomas Street, Dublin 8 this Friday (20th December) in support of Elevens. This is billed as 'An Acoustic Evening with Elevens' and is surely going to be packed! Bring all your friends/workmates and have a great night out before Xmas! Free in and doors are 8PM!!
Keith Moss & The Tightrope Walkers support Cat Dowling December 14th
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers have been asked to support the very talented Cat Dowling at her last show of the year in Whelans. The show will be on Saturday the 14th of December and tickets will be available at the Whelans box office or on the night for €10. Doors are at 8pm.
Death in the Sickroom play Saucy Sundays December 1st
Death in the Sickroom are set to play Saucy Sunday's in the Grand Social on the 1st of December. The acts to play along side them are yet to be announced but as soon as we find out, we will update it here. Doors are at 5PM and admission is FREE as always. Saucy Sundays is promoted as the perfect hangover session. We think its much more! A bucket load of great live bands, cheap pints and loads of sound people is turning Saucy Sundays into a Dublin institution. Having just celebrated their 3rd Birthday last weekend, we hope this event continues to put on great music for as long as they can!
Death in the Sickroom play Siteation W/The North Sea
Death in the Sickroom will play in Siteation on Capel Street with the very talented The North Sea on the 29th of November. This is a BYOB (Bring your own booze) gig and admission will be €10 at the door. Doors are at 8pm and Garr Cleary will also be playing on the night. Three great bands and BYOB means that you can make it a budget night out in town while being entertained to the max!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers play the Gypsy Rose!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers will be playing their LAST GIG OF THE YEAR at Gigonometry Dublin in the Gypsy Rose (5 Aston Quay, Dublin 2) on Friday the 29th of November. Doors are at 8PM and admission is €7 on the door or €5 for Gigonometry members.