- Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers It’s safe to say that 2013 has been a big year for Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers. Led by IMRO award-winning ‘Young Songwriter of the Year’ Keith Moss, they’ve performed much-vaunted gigs across Ireland and the UK, sharing stages with Nanu Nanu, Oliver Cole, Cat Dowling, Mumblin’ Deaf Ro, Elevens, The Statics and label-mates Buffalo… Read More
- Buffalo Sunn Every so often, it becomes clear that a change is needed, and for musicians this can mean adopting a new name. It’s a move that ultimately shows an artist’s desire to move forward, to find something that represents who they are now, not who they were then.So, with this in mind, Reekus Records would like to welcome the artist formerly known as Sweet Jane’s… Read More
- The Blades The Blades formed in 1977 in the South Dublin neighbourhood of Ringsend, with Paul Cleary on bass and vocals his brother Lar on guitar and mutual friend Pat Larkin on drums.As uncompromising as they were gifted as pop songwriters, the original line-up released two 7” singles: Hot For You and Ghost of a Chance, the latter of which they performed on the Late Late… Read More
- Deetrich Dee Doyle, or as she’s more commonly known, Deetrich, writes melodic songs that draw from old rock n’ roll and country, but adds a unique pop sensibility.Former lead singer and songwriter with Kilkenny band Dali, Dee has embarked on a wonderful solo career since signing to Reekus Records. Her first release with us was the very topical No Job, No… Read More
- Death In The Sickroom Death In The Sickroom, the most recent addition to the Reekus Records roster, are a four-piece band from Dublin who play a superb brand of 12-string jangle pop.Formed in mid-2012, they’ve been making quite a name for themselves on the capital’s live music circuit: “They have a sound unlike any other band around at the moment. Really worth seeing… Read More
- ESB Ft Perry Blake Electro Sensitive Behaviour is Perry Blake and Glenn Garrett’s new synth pop project. The new single, Missing Person, will be released on Friday 15th November through Reekus Records.The first single Michael Caine was described as, “a delicious slice of retro cool” by Hot Press Magazine.The forthcoming album ‘Modern Love’ was written &… Read More
- Too Late To Stop Now At last the compilation we’ve been threatening for some time now; 40 tracks from the beginning to the present and future. From the beginnings in the Kampus Arcadia Cork with the live recordings of Nun Attax, Micro Disney, Mean Features and Urban Blitz, through the early years with The Blades, Aslan, Big Self and others and through the noughties with The Radio,… Read More
- The Radio Kindness the debut album from Ireland’s new indie supergroup The Radio. “Kindness displays the heartfelt perfection and sonic wizardry of the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev. Extraordinarily impressive and engaging -the most accomplished, alchemic, and original debut in years” 9/10 Hot Press. Digital download available here - Bandcamp.comView video… Read More
27 November 2013
‘Help the Philippines’ Music Fundraiser
20 November 2013
Deetrich plays Odessa tomorrow at 8.30pm
27 September 2013
The Blades announce reunion gig
10 September 2013
Reekus Records in the Irish Times
09 September 2013
28 August 2013
Keith Moss & the Tightrope Walkers Live in Limerick!!
27 August 2013
Sweet Jane Live on Dublin’s Phantom 105.2 THIS EVENING!!
23 August 2013
Cry Before Dawn - Today Fm
23 August 2013
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers and Deetrich to play Electric Picnic
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers and Deetrich have both been announced to play at Electric Picnic 2013.Deetrich will take to the stage in the Oxjam…
22 August 2013
HWCH 2013 October 3rd - 5th
We’re delighted to announce that Sweet Jane and Death In The Sickroom will be appearing at this year’s Hard Working Class Heroes festival,…
Welcome to Reekus Records
Reekus is a record label and publishing company based in Dublin, Ireland, devoted to promoting mainly Irish, alternative music. With a roster that includes Buffalo Sunn (formerly Sweet Jane), KeithMoss and the Tightrope Walkers, Death in the Sickroom and Deetrich, over the years Reekus has released albums by leading Irish artists including The Blades, Saville, David Hopkins, Perry Blake, Paul Cleary, Myp et Jeep, Sundrive, Mocrac, Reemo, The Moondogs, Carosel, Metisse, Big Self and performance artist Nigel Rolfe, as well launching the careers of Micro Disney, Aslan and others.
2003 saw a movement into print with the publication of the highly acclaimed book ‘It Makes You Want To Spit – the definitive guide to punk in Ulster’, a comprehensive account of the punk music scene in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
Our store contains a wide selection of cd releases now available to purchase.
Digital downloads are available by searching the individual artists on iTunes/Amazon and other leading download sites.
View videos on - Youtube
Death in The Sickroom play NYE In The City
Death in the Sickroom will be joining Buffalo Sunn (who play in Kaph at 12.25) in playing FMC's 'NYE in the City' this year. They will play in the Church venue(Jervis St, Dublin 1) at 14.05 sharp so be on time to catch their performance. As usual there is a musical trail going on all day so try and make it early and you will have a great day of free gigs!!
Buffalo Sunn in the City - New Years Eve
Buffalo Sunn will be playing the In The City festival as part of the FMC's New Years Eve celebrations. They Will be playing in Kaph which is on 31 Drury St as part of FMC's famed music trail. Gigs will start at 12pm and you can catch a new band every half an hour or so all day. Their performance will start at 12.25 sharp so don't be late! Free in and don't forget to catch Death in the Sickroom at 14.05 in The Church (Venue) too!
Keith Moss & The Tightrope Walkers support Cat Dowling December 14th
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers have been asked to support the very talented Cat Dowling at her last show of the year in Whelans. The show will be on Saturday the 14th of December and tickets will be available at the Whelans box office or on the night for €10. Doors are at 8pm.
Death in the Sickroom play Saucy Sundays December 1st
Death in the Sickroom are set to play Saucy Sunday's in the Grand Social on the 1st of December. The acts to play along side them are yet to be announced but as soon as we find out, we will update it here. Doors are at 5PM and admission is FREE as always. Saucy Sundays is promoted as the perfect hangover session. We think its much more! A bucket load of great live bands, cheap pints and loads of sound people is turning Saucy Sundays into a Dublin institution. Having just celebrated their 3rd Birthday last weekend, we hope this event continues to put on great music for as long as they can!
Death in the Sickroom play Siteation W/The North Sea
Death in the Sickroom will play in Siteation on Capel Street with the very talented The North Sea on the 29th of November. This is a BYOB (Bring your own booze) gig and admission will be €10 at the door. Doors are at 8pm and Garr Cleary will also be playing on the night. Three great bands and BYOB means that you can make it a budget night out in town while being entertained to the max!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers play the Gypsy Rose!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers will be playing their LAST GIG OF THE YEAR at Gigonometry Dublin in the Gypsy Rose (5 Aston Quay, Dublin 2) on Friday the 29th of November. Doors are at 8PM and admission is €7 on the door or €5 for Gigonometry members.
Buffalo Sunn play Workmans Club in aid of the Irish Red Cross Philippines fund
Buffalo Sunn are set to headline the Workmans Club on the 27th of November in aid of the Irish Red Cross's Philippines fund. The terrible tragedy in the Philippines is in desperate need of emergency aid and all proceeds from this charity concert will be donated to the Irish Red Cross to help with the amazing work they do. Also on the bill will be Colour//Sound, C, Blades Club and Champagne Animal. Try make it down next Wednesday the 27th November at 8pm and make a difference!
Buffalo Sunn play the plateau sessions in the Workman’s tonight!
Buffalo Sunn play the last plateau sessions of the year tonight in the Workmans Club. They will be playing with the amazing Bipolar Empire as well as Simon O Driscoll and Ash Amraoui. Doors are at 8pm and admission is FREE!!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers: Upstairs @ Whelans
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers return to the stage where their amp caught on fire and their talismanic frontman was electrocuted with every lyric. If this is anything to go by, this next gig for the talented Tightrope Walkers* is not one to miss. The band are really coming on with their live performances and Upstairs in Whelans is becoming somewhat of a spiritual home for them. Write on the Facebook event page for free admission or alternatively spend €5 at the door. This is going to be immense. Doors are at 11.30 for this late gig and the band will be on around midnight! Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/608495802543900
Deetrich plays in Odessa on the 21st of November
Deetrich is set for a long awaited return to Dublin to play a gig in on the 21st of November in Odessa (14 Dame Court, Dublin 2). It has been a long tome since this very talented woman has played in our parts so book this in to your calendar now! Also Playing on the night will be Gordon Barry and Arctic Tern! Tickets: €8 Doors… 9PM Facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/301383853336059/
Keith Moss Plays Whelans Friday 22nd of November
The Reekus Records firebrands return to the scene of their highest peaks to date, for the second-last gig of 2013. This epic late-night show will include sneak previews of new songs for the first time. Fire extinguishers recommended! It will take place at Midnight on Friday Night in Whelans of Wexford Street. The Facebook event for the page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/608495802543900/?fref=ts Share this event or comment for free guest list!
ESB ft Perry Blake - Night at the Machines V
ESB ft Perry Blake will headline Night of the Machines V in the Sugar Club on the 13 of November. Other acts on the bill include Kubo and Hauer and there will be a special showing of 'Synth Britannia' before the music so get down early! Only €10!
Death in the Sickroom play Retro Revival November 2nd
Death in the Sickroom will be performing at the Saturday, November 2nd edition of Retro Revival in Sweeney Mongrels, Dame Street. Other acts on the night include The Fallen Rule, The North Sea and Waco. A great night of music, all for only €5. Doors open at 9PM!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers headline Captains Live!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers will headline Captains live! in Blanchardstown on the 19th of October. This will take place in Captain America's and doors will be at 8PM! Surely not one to be missed!
Buffalo Sunn in HMV Dundrum
Buffalo Sunn play in store in HMV Dundrum at 2PM on Saturday the 12th of October. Hidden Highways and O Empire are also playing this all ages gig. Free Entry so it should be a good warm up for the headline gig in the Grand Social at 8PM that night!!