Official T-Shirt (state size required in Paypal additional comment section)
- GANGS We’re delighted to announce that we’ll be working with GANGS for their debut EP. It will be produced by the legendary Brian Foley, bassist with The Blades. The teenage quartet will begin recording this weekend and look forward to drawing on Foley’s experience as both a musician and producer.“We’re delighted to be working with Brian (Foley),… Read More
- Death In The Sickroom Death In The Sickroom, the most recent addition to the Reekus Records roster, are a four-piece band from Dublin who play a superb brand of 12-string jangle pop.Formed in mid-2012, they’ve been making quite a name for themselves on the capital’s live music circuit: “They have a sound unlike any other band around at the moment. Really worth seeing… Read More
- Buffalo Sunn Every so often, it becomes clear that a change is needed, and for musicians this can mean adopting a new name. It’s a move that ultimately shows an artist’s desire to move forward, to find something that represents who they are now, not who they were then.So, with this in mind, Reekus Records would like to welcome the artist formerly known as Sweet Jane’s… Read More
- Riot Tapes ‘Riot Tapes are nigh-on guaranteed to break into the mainstream’ - Hot PressRiot Tapes were formed over the Christmas holidays of 2009 by Elaine Doyle and Chris O’Brien. Elaine, a Guard from Dublin, had written songs for years - recording demos of them in her home studio - but never found the right environment in which she she could fully express… Read More
- The Blades The Blades formed in 1977 in the South Dublin neighbourhood of Ringsend, with Paul Cleary on bass and vocals his brother Lar on guitar and mutual friend Pat Larkin on drums.As uncompromising as they were gifted as pop songwriters, the original line-up released two 7” singles: Hot For You and Ghost of a Chance, the latter of which they performed on the Late Late… Read More
- Keith Moss It’s safe to say that 2013 has been a big year for Keith Moss. An IMRO award-winning ‘Young Songwriter of the Year’ Keith Moss, has performed much-vaunted gigs across Ireland and the UK, sharing stages with Nanu Nanu, Oliver Cole, Cat Dowling, Mumblin’ Deaf Ro, Elevens, The Statics and label-mates Buffalo Sunn.These performances haven’t… Read More
- Deetrich Dee Doyle, or as she’s more commonly known, Deetrich, writes melodic songs that draw from old rock n’ roll and country, but adds a unique pop sensibility.Former lead singer and songwriter with Kilkenny band Dali, Dee has embarked on a wonderful solo career since signing to Reekus Records. Her first release with us was the very topical No Job, No… Read More
- ESB Ft Perry Blake Electro Sensitive Behaviour is Perry Blake and Glenn Garrett’s new synth pop project. The new single, Missing Person, will be released on Friday 15th November through Reekus Records.The first single Michael Caine was described as, “a delicious slice of retro cool” by Hot Press Magazine.The forthcoming album ‘Modern Love’ was written &… Read More
- Too Late To Stop Now At last the compilation we’ve been threatening for some time now; 40 tracks from the beginning to the present and future. From the beginnings in the Kampus Arcadia Cork with the live recordings of Nun Attax, Micro Disney, Mean Features and Urban Blitz, through the early years with The Blades, Aslan, Big Self and others and through the noughties with The Radio,… Read More
22 May 2014
Buffalo Sunn release By Your Side on 6th June
22 May 2014
GANGS to release Brian Foley produced debut EP on Reekus
29 April 2014
Buffalo Sunn @ Music Matters 2014
29 April 2014
Buffalo Sunn @ Castlepalooza 2014!
29 April 2014
The Blades @ Electric Picnic 2014!
27 November 2013
‘Help the Philippines’ Music Fundraiser
20 November 2013
Deetrich plays Odessa tomorrow at 8.30pm
27 September 2013
The Blades announce reunion gig
10 September 2013
Reekus Records in the Irish Times
09 September 2013
Welcome to Reekus Records
Reekus is a record label and publishing company based in Dublin, Ireland, devoted to promoting mainly Irish, alternative music. With a roster that includes Buffalo Sunn (formerly Sweet Jane), KeithMoss and the Tightrope Walkers, Death in the Sickroom and Deetrich, over the years Reekus has released albums by leading Irish artists including The Blades, Saville, David Hopkins, Perry Blake, Paul Cleary, Myp et Jeep, Sundrive, Mocrac, Reemo, The Moondogs, Carosel, Metisse, Big Self and performance artist Nigel Rolfe, as well launching the careers of Micro Disney, Aslan and others.
2003 saw a movement into print with the publication of the highly acclaimed book ‘It Makes You Want To Spit – the definitive guide to punk in Ulster’, a comprehensive account of the punk music scene in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.
Our store contains a wide selection of cd releases now available to purchase.
Digital downloads are available by searching the individual artists on iTunes/Amazon and other leading download sites.
View videos on - Youtube
The Blades @ Electric Picnic 2014!
Reekus Records are proud to announce that Irish post-punk legends The Blades will play this year's Electric Picnic, alongside Outkast, Beck, Portishead and many other acts. Awesome stuff - not to be missed.
Buffalo Sunn @ Castlepalooza 2014!
Reekus Records are proud to announce that Buffalo Sunn will be playing this year’s Castlepalooza festival. Easily one of the finest smaller-scale festivals in the country, Castlepalooza takes place in the magical surroundings of Charleville Castle in Tullamore, Co. Offaly from August 1st-3rd.Click here for further details and get tickets sooner rather than later – this one sells out.
Death in the Sickroom play Whelans (main room) W/The Statics
Death in the Sickroom are happy to announce that they will be supporting The Statics in Whelans main venue on Thursday the 19th of June. They are even happier to announce that this gig is FREE IN! Doors are 8.30 and Death in the Sickroom are on at 9!
Death in the Sickroom play 4 Dame Lane for Youbloom festival
Death in the Sickroom will play their very first gig in 4 Dame Lane as part of the Youbloom festival 2014 on Saturday 14th June! The gig will be FREE and doors open at 8pm. Other bands on the night include I'm Your Vinyl, The Cave (Singapore), Adari (Czech Republic) and Audio Fires (hotly tipped band from Kilkenny)
Buffalo Sunn play Sweeneys for Youbloom festival
Buffalo Sunn will play in the main, upstairs venue in Sweeneys on Friday the 13th of June as part of You Bloom festival. The band has been asked to curate the stage and will also be playing a live show. All gigs that are part of Youbloom this year are free! Doors are 8pm. For more information head to: http://www.youbloom.com
Death in the Sickroom play Upstairs in Whelans - Friday 13th
Death in the Sickroom will share the stage with friends and all around great band The Revellions upstairs in Whelans on Friday the 13th! The gig starts at 8pm!! https://www.facebook.com/events/700395246688021/?fref=ts
Buffalo Sunn @ Music Matters 2014!
Reekus Records are proud to announce that Buffalo Sunn will be travelling across the seven seas to Singapore in 2014! They’ll be playing Music Matters, a renowned 4-day festival that la sts from May 1st to May 4th – featuring a roster of artists from all over the globe, it’s the highlight of Singapore’s music calender, specialising in showcasing and unearthing new talent. Not to be missed.
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers play W/ The Riot Tapes
Keith Moss and the Tightope Walkers will be headlining upstairs in Whelans on the 28th of March with support from the extremely talented 'The Riot Tapes'. Tickets will be free as long as you comment on the Facebook event page or share the event (Click the tickets link to go to the Facebook event). Doors are 11pm.
Buffalo Sunn and Death in the Sickroom play Whelans 21/03/14
Buffalo Sunn and Death in the Sickroom will play a very special double Reekus lineup in Whelans on the 21st of March. The gig will start at 11pm sharp and tickets are just €5. This will be the first time these two bands have played together in almost a year! Its bound to be a great night out!
Reekus Records Night in the Mercantile 15/03/14
Reekus Records are proud to announce that we have been asked to put on a Reekus Records night in the Mercantile venue on Dame street on the 15th of March. Buffalo Sunn, Death in the Sickroom and Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers will all be playing with Doors at 8.30 and on top of that ADMISSION WILL BE FREE!!! So come on down on the 15th and click on the book tickets link for more details.
Death in the Sickroom play Retro Revival W/GANGS 08/03/14
Death in the Sickroom will return to play their first Retro Revival of the year with the very talented Dublin band Gangs. Also playing on the night will be Thieves and Choir Invisible so be sure to get down early as these bands are ready to blow the roof off Sweeneys! Venue: Sweeneys (Dame Street) - Doors 9pm and only €5 in!
Keith Moss plays Whelans Midnight Hour this Saturday W/The Statics!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope walkers return again to their spiritual hub in Whelans the Saturday to play with their good friends and amazing band, The Statics! The Tightrope walkers will be playing some songs from their album 'What Elludes you, Moves you' as well as previewing songs from their upcoming, as of yet untitled new album! Free in for anyone who writes on or shares their Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/188912984649237/ Doors are @ 23.30
Buffalo Sunn to play Ones to Watch this Friday!
Buffalo Sunn will take to the stage at 1.45am on Friday night to headline Friday's section of Whelans one to Watch 2014. Only €10 for a 4 day ticket or €5 per night (with a free pint of Carlsberg) Check out the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/560649927357520/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Death in the Sickroom play The Midnight Hour on the 16th January.
Death in the sickroom will be taking centre stage in Whelans upstairs on the 16th of January. Things kick off at 11.45PM and there will be a great line up to keep yu entertained. Wild Promises and the Sour Seeds will also be taking the stage on the night. Check out the gig and the bands here: https://www.facebook.com/events/586697851385574/ FREE IN!
Keith Moss and the Tightrope Walkers Play Whelans’ One to Watch!
Keith Moss and the Tightropers take to the stage in Whelans upstairs at 11.30pm tonight as part of their One's to watch for 2014. It's their first gig of the year and they promise to produce a blistering set! https://www.facebook.com/events/560649927357520/?ref=ts&fref=ts